Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hillary on Gay Teen Suicide

While I think this was a brave move on her part, it is important to remember that her husband had GLBT folks working in the highest positions of his campaign, and made many promises to the GLBT community only to ditch us two years after he was elected. The most visible of all was (and is) Don't Ask. Don't Tell, which has destroyed the careers of many talented men and women in the military. Including many Arabic translators. Smart, that.


Do I believe in her commitment? No. But...it was refreshing to see it in the video.

And, NO, before you ask, I DID NOT watch the SOTU address last night. Why? Because whenever I hear Chimpy's smirking voice my head falls to one side, my eyes roll back, and my tongue lolls and I drool. It ain't pretty.

I was watching Torchwood, instead. I think the writing is brilliant. The cast is tight and I Love the fact that Capt. Jack's orientation is not an issue. Oh well, more on this new obsession later. Thank God for YOUTUBE!!!

Anyway, It's going to be an interesting election cycle.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...