Thursday, January 31, 2008

Movie List: The 10 Films Every Gay Man Should See

I stumbled onto Bloggernista and found what is titled “Ten Films Every Gay Boy Should See” and found the list quite good.


This list is in no particular order and captures some of the most diverse images of gay men on film. There are undoubtedly other films that have special meaning to you, please share them in the comments.

1.Gay Sex in the Seventies
2. Law of Desire
3. Longtime Companion
4. Tongues Untied
5. My Beautiful Laundrette
6. The Life and Times of Harvey Milk
7. Beautiful Thing.
8. Before Stonewall
9. After Stonewall
10. Another Gay Movie


Short video clips and a brief description accompanies each film. Go here.
While I disagree with number 10 the others are really good. “Beautiful Thing” is a fave. However, here are another 10 + 2 of my own suggestions for every gay man in no particular order:

  1. The Celluloid Closet
  2. Big Eden
  3. Sordid Lives
  4. Touch of Pink
  5. Jeffrey
  6. Parting Glances
  7. Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
  8. Gods and Monsters
  9. The Sum of Us
  10. The Full Monty
  11. And The Band Played On.
  12. The Laramie Project

So there you have it. Twenty two, count’em, twenty two films that every gay boy, man should see. And, I’ll add, definitely see more than once.

And so it goes.
*
NOTE: January 11, 2010 - This post has received many hits over the past 2 years from visitors in countries where anything gay is against the law and punishable.  I ask that if you find this list helpful and you are able to gain access to these films that you leave a comment. I am encouraged by your courage. - the cajun.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of very few of these films - the original 10 and your 10 + 2, but I live in a very red state. I am a netflix subscriber, so I will check these out. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...