Thursday, May 3, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

I was sent this meme a while ago and finally filled it out. It’s a bit long but kind of interesting.

What is your name?: the cajun
Are you named after anyone?: Not that I’m aware of
What’s your screen name?: the cajun
Would you name a child of yours after you?: Probably not.
If you were born a member of the opposite sex what would your name be?: Ruby.
If you could switch names with a friend who would it be?: Chance
Are there any mispronunciations/typos that ppl do w/ your name constantly?: My last name is always butchered, and the same mistakes are always the consistent.
Would you drop your last name if you became famous?: Never

Basics

Your gender: Male
Straight/Gay/Bi: Gay
Single: Very
Do you want to be?: For now.
Birthdate: 1946
Your age: 60
Age you act: About 30
Age you wish you were: I’d love to be 25 and know everything I know now.
Your height: 5’11”
Eye color: Brown
Happy with it?: They are all I’ve got.
Hair color: Hair?
Happy with it?: I have no choice
Lefty/righty/ambidextrous: Left handed
Your living arrangement: Renting a room in the home of a friend. Long story
Your family: I don’t understand this question
pets?: Unfortunately, No
What’s your job?: sales/service
Piercings?: ears
Tattoos?: one.
Obsessions?: Not really, maybe dark chocolate.
Addictions?: Not anymore
Do you speak another language?: I barely speak English.
Have a favourite quotation?: A few.
Do you have a web page?: Yes, a blog
Do you live in the moment?: I try..
Do you consider yourself tolerant of others?: Most of the time.
Do you have any secrets?: Maybe a few.
Do you hate yourself?: Hate is a strong and negative emotion.
Do you like your handwriting?: No, arthritis is a bitch.
Do you have any bad habits?: Define 'bad' habit.
What is the compliment you get from most people?: It’s been a while.
If a movie was made about your life, what would it be called?: I’ll let you guys decide.
What’s your biggest fear?: Being homeless.
Do you ever pretend to be someone else just to look cool?: no.
Are you a loner?: Not by choice.
What is your #1 priority in life?: Staying healthy
If you were another person, would you be friends with you?: I’d like to think so. I’m funny and silly, and very devoted. I work to stay in touch with people from my past.
Are you a daredevil?: I’ve been known to take chances I shouldn’t.
Is there anything you fear or hate about yourself?: My constant analyzing of situations over which I have no control .
Are you passive or aggressive?: both, depending on the activity.
Do you have a journal?: Yes, and my blog.
What is your greatest strength and weakness?: I am very dedicated and I’m very dedicated.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?: My fear of homelessness.
Do you think you are emotionally strong?: I have been told that I am. Especially with all that’s happened to me in the past year.
Is there anything you regret doing/not doing in life?: Not really. But not traveling more would be right up there.
Do you think life has been good so far?: For the most part, my life has been a great adventure.
What is the most important lesson you’ve learned from life?: You get back what you put out. Karma is powerful.
What do you like the most about your body?: My eyes.
And least?: My lily-whiteness
Do you think you are good looking?: Not very.
Are you confident?: Sometimes, much more so when I’m better informed
What is the fictional character you are most like?: I have no idea.
Are you perceived wrongly?: I’m told sometimes that I am intimidating…so there must be something to it.

Do You…

Smoke?: No.
Do drugs?: Not in a long time.
Read the newspaper?: On line, mostly.
Pray?: Not as much as I should.
Go to church?: Yes.
Talk to strangers who IM you?: I don’t do IM.
Sleep with stuffed animals?: No. But I have two.
Take walks in the rain?: Not often enough..
Talk to people even though you hate them?: I don't hate. People I choose not to socialize with I speak to as infrequently as possible.
Drive?: I have no choice.
Like to drive fast?: No.
Have You Ever Liked your voice?: Yes
Hurt yourself?: That’s a story in and of itself.
Been out of the country?: Yes, several times.
Eaten something that made other people sick?: I’m sure I have.
Been in love?: Yes.
Done drugs?: Yes.
Gone skinny dipping?: Yes. In the Hudson River and Lake Pontchartrain.
Had a medical emergency?: Yes.
Had surgery?: Yes.
Ran away from home?: Yes. Another long story.
Played strip poker?: Not that I remember.
Gotten beaten up?: Not since Jr. High school.
Beaten someone up?: No..
Been picked on?: Yes
Been on stage?: Yes
Slept outdoors?: Yes
Thought about suicide?: Another very long story.
Pulled an all nighter?: Too many to count. The last one within the last year.
If yes, what is your record?: Way too many to count.
Gone one day without food?: Yes. And recently.
Talked on the phone all night?: Yes
Slept together with the opposite sex w/o actually having sex?: Yes.
Slept all day?: Yes
Killed someone?: No
Made out with a stranger?: Yes
Had sex with a stranger?: Yes
Thought you’re going crazy?: Yes.
Been betrayed?: Yes
Had a dream that came true?: Yes.
Broken the law?: Yes. Are you kidding? Being Gay is breaking the law!
Met a famous person?: Many times. It happens a lot in New York.
Have you ever killed an animal by accident?: Yes
On purpose?: No.
Told a secret you swore you wouldn’t tell?: No.
Stolen anything?: Another long story…did I mention Karma earlier.
Been on radio/tv?: Yes, both.
Been in a mosh-pit?: Nope.
Had a nervous breakdown?: Not clinically.
Bungee jumped?: No.
Had a dream that kept coming back?: Yes.

Beliefs

Believe in life on other planets?: Human life…not necessarily. In other forms of life…why not.
Miracles?: Yes.
Astrology?: Yes.
Magic?: Not really
God?: A higher power yes. A 'Christian' God…I’m not always sure.
Satan?: No.
Santa?: No.
Ghosts?: Yes.
Luck?: Yes.
Love at first sight?: Yes.
Yin and yang (that good can’t exist w/o bad)?: Unfortunately, I think that’s the case.
Witches?: Why not. There are people who call themselves witches. Who am I to argue?
Easter bunny?: Hmmmm.
Believe its possible to remain faithful forever?: Yes, although very difficult.
Believe there’s a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?: There’s something at the end of the rainbow. I saw twin rainbows recently. Amazing.
Do you wish on stars?: Sometimes.

Deep Theological Questions

Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell?: Depends on the day.
Do you think God has a gender?: No.
Do you believe in organized religion?: I believe organized religion exists. There’s too much hate preached by most “churches.”I hope that people stop believing in the teachings of the "church" and follow the teachings of Christ soon.
Where do you think we go when we die?: I have no idea. On some days heaven. On others….you just die and maybe come back as a cat...At least I would like that.

Friends

Do you have any gay/lesbian friends?: Yes.
Who is your best friend?: Barbara.
Who’s the one person that knows most about you?: Barbara
What’s the best advice that anyone has ever given to you?: Be myself.
Your favourite inside joke?: I don’t see nothin’ – I love in the back.
Thing you’re picked on most about?: Depends on whose doing the picking.

Love and All That

Do you consider love a mistake?: No.
What do you find romantic?: Exploring new places. Candle lit dinners. Snuggling on the sofa. Walks on the beach.
Turn-on?: Sense of Humor.
Turn-off?: Racism…another long story.
First kiss?: I was 12 and he was a neighbor. We were in the woods behind my home. I wanted to do it some more.
If someone you had no interest in had interest in dating you how would you feel?: Uncomfortable. It’s happened a couple of times and it never ends well.
Do you prefer knowing someone before dating them or going out?: Not always.
Have you ever wished it was more socially acceptable for a girl to ask a guy out?: That doesn’t affect me in the slightest.
Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive?: Hmmm. How does one decide what is unattractive?
What is best about the opposite sex?: Hmmmm.
What is the worst thing about the opposite sex?: Hmmmm.
What is best about your sex? Hmmm.
What is the worst thing about your sex? Inability to remain faithful.
What’s the last present someone gave you?: A Chocolate Fairy Bunny – at Easter.
Are you in love?: Not anymore.
Do you consider your ’significant other’ (or whatever) hot?: I wish I had a significant other.

Right This Moment…

Are you going out?: Yes. Appointments all day.
Will it be with your significant other?: Nope.
Or some random person?: Neither.
What are you wearing right now?: shorts and t-shirt.
Body part you’re touching right now?: Chin.
What are you worried about right now?: Money, car, and mental health.
What book are you reading?: Daring to Speak Love’s Name.
What’s on your mouse pad?: Don’t have one.
Use 5 words to describe how you’re feeling?: Scared, Free, Hopeful, Determined, and Lonely.
Are you bored?: No
Are you tired?: Yes
Are you talking to anyone online?: No.
Are you talking to anyone on the phone?: No.
Are you lonely or content at the moment?: Content.
Are you listening to music?: No, it’s quiet.

More later.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...