Tuesday, July 31, 2007

No Phone, Internet, Electricity

The Universe has been trying to tell me something since I moved into the apartment and thankfully; I have been able to listen.

Due to a massive fuck up by Verizon and therefore Cavalier I have no telephone service. This also means I have no Internet access at home.

The unstable summer weather has brought many thunderstorms to the area that have caused many power outages, some lasting hours, some only a few minutes. In any case these outages have forced me off the computer and on to other activities, or no activity at all. While thunder rattles the building and lightning scares me, the sound of rain has always had a soothing, comforting effect on my being.

All these inconveniences have been blessings, beneficial to me, and overall; I now kind of welcome them, especially the storms. I stand and watch through my large window how nature acts and reacts to the winds, rain and lightning.

Reading, praying, and listening more has nourished my mind and spirit.

Physically and emotionally I am in a healing place and something tells me to take full advantage of the experience.

More later.

*

1 comment:

  1. Forces beyond your control have placed you in the place that you are now. There is a reason for it. You are healing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...