Sunday, July 1, 2007

All I Want...

...is a room somewhere.

I only want a peaceful place to sleep, read, do web work, update the blog, and watch a DVD once in a while. Is that so much to ask for? It would appear so;

Bedroom/bath: w/ heavy smoker, alcoholic who is drunk at 3 p.m.

Bedroom/bath suite: smoker, just lost his partner of 4 decades. Not grieving well.

Full Suite in lower level of main house: not ready to share with someone else, needs privacy. I can understand that.

Single wide mobile in nice park: unable to rent, must buy…misunderstanding. Nice people.

A Divorcee with home and external apt for family use: Not quite sure wants to rent to someone they do not know. Have rented space only to friends in the past. Been burned, enough said.

At church today many folks asked about my “situation” (hey, it’s a small town) and continue to keep me in their prayers. I am grateful. The service, music and message were just what I needed today. I was asked to sit in with the choir, but was not in a good place emotionally, that is, until the music began. Then I was sorry I didn't accept the offer. Maybe next week. Things will get better. They have to. As the old song goes, "been down so long, it looks like up to me."

There were two messages on voicemail this evening. One from my sister, and one from an old friend who seems to zero in on “troubled times” with me. He's always right on target. Can't fool, or lie to him. I will return their calls when I have excess energy and can handle their questions.

Tonight is not that time. I am so tired, and I work tomorrow. A very long day.

I “interview” with another prospective landlord on Tuesday after work. Thank G** I have a session with my therapist on Thursday.

More later.

*

3 comments:

  1. While I sympathize with your "situation", are you sure you haven't boxed yourself in because of your self-imposed parameters as to what you are willing to do (rent only) in your new home search. Perhaps you should consider lifting your self-imposed limitation of not buying a modest home. You may have no other choice. When all avenues are closed, it is up to you to look at other avenues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have looked into and driven on, that avenue. It led to a dead end. But thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes what seems like a dead end is actually a maze. Have you ever gotten lost in a housing development? That "dead end" is actually a cul de sac and all you have to do is turn around and try another road out. Of course you could just stay in the "dead end" and bemoan your fate. Go down that road you haven't traveled yet. You may be surprised at what you find.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...