Sunday, July 8, 2007

(Not Quite) Paradise Found

It may not be paradise but, it will be my space. Not shared with anyone else. It's a nice place in a good location with privacy - for which I am grateful - and I am looking forward to living there and getting some needed peace, and healing time.

Since the place is pretty much furnished, most of my things will go into storage, and that's fine. I probably ought to have had a garage sale before this initial move. It would have saved me money and so many headaches this time round.

More on the move after I am settled in. I cannot wait.

I just need to get through the next 5 days of being here. Movers arrive on Thursday morning at 8 a.m. to take most of my stuff to a storage unit. I will take with me the basics and personal items. It promises to be a long and exhausting day.

Meanwhile, just know that I will be without internet access from Wednesday 7/11 until the following week. So, don't expect a post after that date. I will post as soon as I have a phone line and have the computer hooked up.

I am alternately spent, drained, excited, exhausted, worn out, elated, and numb in my mind and body. I am looking forward to some rest and relaxation with no one around unless I want them to be there.

There are three books I have been wanting to read, and I intend to get to them this summer. I have already started the first (probably not my best first choice): "The Place of the Lion" by Charles Williams, it's difficult to sink my teeth into while I am so distracted with all this other stuff.

More later.
*

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! You deserve some peace and tranquility after all you have been through. You have been tested and you have passed. We're all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...