Friday, November 9, 2007

Fallout, and More...

More fallout from last month’s computer death: A few of the programs I use most often are not compatible with VISTA. Surprise! Also, all of my digital photos were lost. I had a backup CD of most of them made back in April, but I can’t find it anywhere and suspect it was lost in the move(s) or left at the house.

And…more fallout from the last move.: All my winter coats were left behind at the previous rented space, probably in the hall closet. Well, it was the middle of July after all, and during a heat wave. I was under a hell of a lot of stress and wanted nothing more than to get out of that toxic situation. So, I’m without my dress overcoat and a new leather jacket bought just last winter. Oh, well…I’ll live. And live without.

And before you ask, NO, I haven’t received the promised refund of half-month’s rent. It’s been 4 months since I moved out so I doubt I’ll ever see it. Nobody said life was fair. Some days are good ones and others are less so. Today is one of the latter. Please keep me in prayer.

I’m working the weekend, but I hope to make it to church Sunday because I don’t have to go in until 1 pm.

I am going to prepare supper and have a cocktail (not necessarily in that order) and settle in to watch BBC news. I can't tolerate high decibel level emanating from the mouths of the pundits and news critters on CNN. I get Faux Noise tidbits from Crooks & Liars. And that's about all I can take. The war on Christmas has already begun. Ratings must be in the tank.

As an aside, a brown fox spent part of his morning outside my window. Playing, rolling in the grass and just chilling. He stayed for almost an hour. He was mesmerizing - and beautiful.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...