Saturday, November 3, 2007

Mission(s) Accomplished

A good day, indeed, though not weather wise. Cold, windy, and cloudy, so a good day to get tasks accomplished that’d been put off for various reasons for almost a month.

Enjoyed a lovely (and rare) breakfast while watching news from the BBC.

Installed new personal finance software (all data on the old PC was lost, so I had to start fresh) and transferred data from checkbook and bank statements. I decided not to go with the new version Quicken because all reviews I read were negative. So I went hunting and found a very simple and accurate little program. It fulfills my humble needs. I’m pleased.

Updated (as much as possible) the address book in the new email program. It’s a bit clunky, but not bad. What do you expect it’s from Microsoft! It’s just a matter of getting used to the newness of it all. As usual, MS overloaded the program with crap that most users will never use, or need.

Created a few webpages for a non-profit that was a new experience and a challenge for me. It took more time than it ought to have, mainly (again!) due to Microsoft doing it’s “we’re doing it for you, because you’re too stupid and we know what you REALLY want to do, anyway” thing. Jeez!

I paid my daily visit to MadPriest for my dose of his kinky, but centered humor. I wasn’t disappointed. Oh, go and visit his site. He says, “If you think you don’t belong, you belong here.” What more needs to be said?

Took time to search for more Alaska cruise information. Not that I will be in any position to actually make that particular dream a reality next year. But, I can dream, can’t I? Don’t answer that.

Now, I’m doing bulk cooking – a winter stew – that is filling the place with such a wonderful aroma that I feel like embracing the season ahead. Well, not really, but I do love comfort foods.

I hope to watch Torchwood tonight on BBC. I have no idea what I’m in for, but it’s been recommended and I have to do my duty and watch at least once.

Accomplishments. It’s the little things that make me feel good. Living alone isn’t that bad.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...