Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's Been a While

As they say “Time flies like an arrow – fruit flies like a banana." Or some such…

Nothing of note has spurred me to write lately...

I mean, aside from a rear end collision to the auto next to me at a stop light. (I had been behind that car and moved to the next lane because I was making a turn soon. Thank you Jesus!) Finally capturing a feral female cat we've been feeding and caring for at the store for the past 6 years - even finding homes for all her litters over that time. We wouldn't have caught her, but she'd been injured, probably by a car and was dragging her back legs, so we drugged her and took her to the vet. She's going to be fine. All tests are negative. Turns out nothing was broken, just a dislocated hip. Painful, but it was snapped back into place and she'll be OK. She's had the queen for a day treatment; all shots, spayed, nails clipped, ear mite treatment, flea treatment, and will be sprung from the vet's on the weekend. I'm told that she hasn't tried to bite or scratch, but hisses whenever anyone comes to close to her space. Heh! Now the real fun begins. Finding her a home. I wish I could take her, but no pets allowed where I am. That's probably best.

Other than that My life consists of work, eat, sleep, - lather, rinse and repeat.

The therapy session on Monday was another good one. More insights and again I was strongly urged to get out more. Easier said than done, I’m afraid. But I will try my best and I was invited out to dinner that evening.

I checked off all errands on my list just in time and headed for the meeting place.

Communication had lapsed for a few months - it was a rather long dinner. We caught up on our individual lives (they have been enjoying much travel and are about to go on a cruise) and I listened as they reviewed the films they saw at the recent Film Festival. Wish I could have attended, all the films sounded terrific.

All in all it was a great time. Not only were we enjoying a meal together, but other folks we know arrived and we had a lovely time playing catch-up on all our lives. It was one of those warm and fuzzy evenings that are few and far between, if you get my drift.

Seems everyone I know has recently been, or about to go on a cruise or going on a holiday to some exotic place. Sigh.

I am still holding out hope for that Alaska cruise/tour of my dreams. I’ve been receiving tips from customers and friends in the travel business; today one brought an ‘Essential Alaska Packing List’ that seems pretty comprehensive and smart.

With winter setting in and a storm tonight, I will have plenty of time to peruse the list and get in some other reading as well.

More later.

*

1 comment:

  1. Bless you for helping that female feral cat. Hopefully, she will find a new home quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...