Saturday, February 9, 2008

New Moon?

I don't think so.

I’m no stranger to sleeplessness; my new boyfriend’s name is Insomnia. For some reason I’ve been experiencing bizarre dreams. Not nightmares, or unpleasant ones, just really bizarre.

Not that the results of the primaries weren’t. The Repugs are stuck with two real nutjobs of their own design. One with anger issues, the other believes the world is 5,000 years old. Good luck with that. As I said previously, the list of Dems was impressive and I am excited about this election cycle. While I was initially behind John Edwards because of his attention to the middle class and poor, he also began and ended his campaign in NOLA; drawing attention to the ongoing problems that plague the city and Gulf areas.

Anyway. For the past 10 days I’ve found myself awake at 3 a.m. wide-awake, apprehensive. Why? I don’t know. Usually when something terrible is about to happen, everything in my life is intensified. Dreams turn ugly and usually relate in some way to people in my past. As if they’re trying to tell me something important.

Haven’t been with friends in weeks. Haven’t been out socially either. I hadn’t heard from my best friend in almost two months. No call, email, note, or anything. So thinking the worst, I called today and found out that it’s been one illness after another since the New Year. We will talk more tomorrow. Just hearing that voice made me feel better.

The past few days have been relatively warm and sunny here, so I’ve taken walks each day after work. The days are getting longer and that means I don’t drive to work in the dark. Daylight Savings Time begins early this year, so remember to turn all clocks ahead one hour on March 9th.

But…I’m exhausted. I need sleep. Make that REST.

And so it goes.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...