Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunny Sunday

And there are high wind warnings posted for this afternoon, with gusts supposedly of up to 50 mph. Then getting cold again overnight with a low of around 12'. It will be very cold when I head out to work. Gee, can't wait.

Been spending way too much time at home lately. When I am not at work I am at the apartment, but...there is light at the end of the tunnel. And I do miss seeing my friends.

I've made good use of the time. A friend let me borrow the entire Harry Potter series of books, so that's been fun. Cooking wonderfully aromatic meals in the slow cooker (yesterday was Jambalaya day) and having a great time with the TV. Mostly enjoy what I suppose are the geekie channels. History, Science, Discover, BBC, National Geographic. And I have learned a lot. Oh, and there's LOGO, the GLBT channel.

By far though, my favourite find has been Torchwood. The third episode of the season aired last night and it was better than ever. I was never a fan of the original Doctor Who series which was too campy and the effects weren't, um, special. And while the new DW is much better in all respects, it's just not my cup.

That the days are getting longer is a good sign. I don't drive to work in the dark, I only have to make it through another 5 weeks (and find another part time job) then I hope to begin saving for my Alaska Cruise, (or a breakdown) and things will be looking up.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...