Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Simple Little Meme...

I’ve been tagged by Ken for this “get-to-know-you” meme. As usual there are rules and they are:

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

But since rules are meant to be broken. I shall not be following rule #3 as stated.

1) What was I doing 10 yrs ago?
Moved to the beach and found a job, began volunteer work to get involved in the community. My (then) partner stayed at his job in order to secure domestic partner benefits. He retired and moved here as well, the following year.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
1. Fill-up the car before work. (Whimper!)
2. Check for Itinerary of July trip. (Counting the days)
3. Balance checkbook.
4. Prep ingredients for slow cooker for tomorrow. (not done)
5. Try to figure out how to connect the VCR/DVD to DirecTV box. (not as easy as I thought.)

3) Snacks I enjoy: Pretzels, Cantaloupe, Grapes, peanut butter on saltines (from childhood) Cashews, Dutch licorice, and Dark Chocolate.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Set up a way to help low income senior citizens pay for whatever they need.
2. Support a local organization that supplies aid to mothers with little means and their infants.
3. Find and pay college tuition for high school seniors who otherwise would find a college education out of their grasp.
4. Take my dream cruise to Alaska and Australia, and visit Holland once more before I die.
5. Pay off my best friends debts and promote her writing.
6. Buy a townhouse in a gay-friendly community.
7. And I, like Ken, would Fund AIDS research.

5) Three of my bad habits:
1. Summer= Gin & Tonic; Winter= Perfect Manhattan
2. My snarky sense of humor.
3. Promoting the intrinsic worth of the BBC-TV series Torchwood to people who could care less. Oh, well.

6) 5 places I have lived: (in no order whatsoever…)
1. New Orleans, LA
2. NYC, NY.
3. Washington DC.
4. Greenwich, CT.
5. Flanders, NJ.

7) 5 jobs I have had: (in no order whatsoever…)
1. Radio actor.
2. Bartender.
3. Broadcast engineer.
4. Voice Actor.
5. Instructor for Fred Astaire Dance Studios. (their youngest instructor!)

5 bloggers that I wanna know more about:
There are several bloggers I would like to know more about. But since I dislike tagging I will tag only three.

Ron (Retired in Delaware – and loving it.)
Peter (home of great recipes and great information about the Netherlands.)
Mike (self absorbed, and good writer/photographer.)

There you have it, a few little factoids about boring little old me.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Done the meme, and so it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY IN NEVADA said...
    How nice to hear from you, Ron!

    Thank you for sharing those beautiful comments on your blog, about me - and mentioning me to 'the cajun'........

    Now, I'll have to run over, and visit the cajun; let him know why I disabled the comments on that http://rollwiththerecession.blogspot.com of mine. Pretty much I was getting goofy anonymous statements, and I'd have either had to deal with the onslaught, or just remove comments.

    I was also a bit disappointed to get some statements that while positive, I wound up visiting their site and seeing they'd taken my material without asking first.

    I don't mind if they put a link (as I do to others), but when they 'snitch' and call it their own, that's not cricket.

    I don't like writing things like 'copyright' - and I don't do that with any of my photos as so often I see done.

    I trust others; I give credit where credit is due, and I create my own original (original as it is to me because it comes from my thoughts) concepts; it's just that I find not everyone has the same integrity level.

    I'm sorry I couldn't get those e-mails to you. My daughter-in-law is also on AOL; nothing is working for her for the past 3 days, so we talked by phone.

    Oh well - there will be 'those times'.

    Now I'm off to see CAJUN. Diane

    May 3, 2008 12:39 PM

    There, now that I brought my 'comment' back to you, you don't have to make the 'trip' unless you want to (smile).

    Since you like to cook, you might like 2 blogs I've put together; I get lots of compliments on them.

    http://dexterspeoplerecipes.blogspot.com

    http://fivewaychili.blogspot.com

    I told Ron I'd found you as a link from his blog, and that I loved reading your entries; guess I should have been smart enough - and courteous enough, to tell you MYSELF!

    So there - now it's done....

    Diane - Nevada

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information
    custom lapel pins

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...