Saturday, March 14, 2009

Busy, Busy...

This is what my life was like last week, stuck in the middle, to be sure. (Click to make biggen.) Not only is one person away on holiday, there was the inventory to finish up, new pieces to get into the computer system, and a whopping 38 appraisals to prepare for customer’s insurance companies. (Not all are completed, but they’ll have to wait until next week.) All this while any customers who wandered in, by the way.


Monday and Tuesday were 10-hour days. Thursday and Friday were 12 and 11-hour days, leaving me with just enough energy and brain power to prepare an evening meal without falling asleep.

The appraisals are the most difficult, requiring great concentration due to the detail that must be given to each and every piece – caret weight of gold, size, cut, colour, and quality of stones, as well as a description of the design of each piece – is time intensive and tedious work. I created a template so that appraisals can be typed into the computer and printed out rather than going through the agony of hand printing each one. That, at least, was an improvement.

I arrived last evening with barely enough energy in reserve to make a turkey burger and a glass of wine, which was followed by a hot shower, tooth brushing and bed. I don’t remember anything else. No dreams, merely pure blackness and peace.

Woke with the sun today. More relaxed this morning I was able to complete some web updates that I’ve been working on since Wednesday. Now I have the luxury of the rest of the weekend to myself. Looking forward to a meet up and dine out with friends on Sunday evening before beginning another nightmarish week pretty much a duplicate of the last one. I really can't complain, at least for the moment I have a job, albeit a part time one.

I’m not Irish, but I have a hankering for Corned Beef and Cabbage; it being nearly St. Paddy’s day and all, so I’ll start making that after lunch and a walk. Following snow showers and rain yesterday the sun is bright today and there is hardly a breeze.

I can’t remember the last time I had an entire weekend off, but it certainly feels good. I may even get to church tomorrow, and that would be one more good thing.

More later.

*

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy that well-deserved weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like a few days strung together to do absolutely nothing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...