Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spent Sunday

I don't know what hit me. Woke up in the middle of the night feeling like my brain had been removed, stomped on several times, then stuffed back into the skull. Groggy, disconnected, dizzy, soul tired. Out of sorts would be an understatement. I eventually went back to sleep, but it was far from restful. An overall sense of dread and dis-ease. Don't ask.

It doesn't feel as if I'm coming down with some kind of crud (there is a doozy making the rounds here) but the increased hours at work and long stressful days of job hunting - unsuccessfully - have suddenly drained the life and energy out of me in only a few hours. Maybe G*d suddenly decided I needed a good bitch-slap, or sunthin'.

Errands and lists are going to wait. I planned to visit a new church today, but I don't have the umph to put on clothes or shoes; G*d forbid shave. I finally made it into sweats. It's chilly, foggy and drizzly right now; not weather to cheer one up, if you get my drift.

I don't feel like reading, listening to the radio, or watching TV. All require too much energy and concentration for this tired old body. I don't even care about making breakfast - and not hungry, at least not yet.

I'm spent. As Bilbo Baggins once said, "I feel like butter spread over too much bread."

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Hoping that you are feeling better. It does sound to me as if you are experiencing the start of "something" (cold?). You are describing how I feel just before it strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are really stressed and that's leading to depression. I know money is tight, but consider another bus trip to New York. We will laugh and spend the day doing fun things and laughing.
    You really need to get away from there.

    THC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much stress. The suggestion for a change of scenery sounds good. Do it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...