Saturday, March 21, 2009

Orchids!

This sudden burst of blooms came about quite by surprise. The plant is at the store and was thought to be almost dead due being left on an open terrace exposed to the winter cold. Then, one morning I found five branches had sprouted over the weekend and strange little nodules peopled the branches. A few days later these lovely, delicate flowers began to appear. (Click the image to make biggen.)

Some nodules, or buds, are still opening and growing larger as they do. I took this shot two days ago and just now getting to post it. Clearly this plant likes its new home. I have no idea what species of orchid this is, but it is quite stunning and vivid in colouring.

It's a joy to see the crocus are coming up and daffodils are on the way. First signs of Spring.

Just thought I'd share. Hope your weekend is a peace-filled one.

More later.
*

1 comment:

  1. I too love spring flowers.
    I have not seen any in some years, having moved to Arizona.

    I hope your weekend is a good one too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...