Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Loose Ends

OK, with all the madness and cloak 'n dagger stuff going on last week, I have been remiss in updating a few recent posts, so here goes - and if I forget something, I am sure you will let me know about it.

My senses of taste and smell returned late last week and while I have not yet attacked the crawfish, I have savoured the Beef Daube I made last Wednesday. The rest is in the freezer.

The bartender arrested in the "sting" did everything right - except the Math to determine the correct age of the decoy.  Entrapment?  Yes, maybe.  All they did was take him to be fingerprinted, and issued a summons to appear before a judge to explain what happened in his own words. He will face a substantial fine plus court costs totally about $600.00.  The restaurant owners must appear before a judge and will probably face a fine of about $1250.00 plus court costs. The bartender and the restaurant owners will also have one point each against their ABC license. (Three points within 5 years and they shut you down) Let it be known here, Delaware is the only state enforcing such archaic laws, so rest comfortably you in the other 49 states.

Sergey, the one who left without saying 'good-bye' (click the image above to embiggen) replied to a note I sent responding to one of his posts on FaceBook and he sent a message:
I'm really sorry because of it. Today I wanted to say "Good-buy" to you personally and other stuff. But you know about such strange and taught relationships b/w me and Joe. That is why today I run away from that incomfortable situation in order to avoid a conflict.
You are brilliant, very kind and best of the best... It's true. You tought me and explored me so many interesting and important life things. I love you *****. I consider you as my friend, and I want to continue comunicating with you.
Hope to be in touch.
Sergey
I was unaware of any conflict between Sergey and my boss. I have not yet responded to his message, but I will when I have time to breathe life into the brain.

If I have forgotten any other loose ends, please write a comment and I will be happy to answer, if there is an answer.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Nup, I think you just about covered all the loose ends. I was wondering about your taste...the return of the taste buds that is. There is no explaining your lack of taste in other areas. :) Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *****, at least it was very kind of him to write you a note, and explaining why what happened.

    Maybe you don't realise it yourself, but you are a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the bartender sting and DE, I think I'd rather have sales taxes. Even they seem to be a fairer means of revenue enhancement.

    I am happy to read that Sergey and you have had some communication and that it was positive.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...