WHAT’S IN THE HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL FOR YOU?We know our economy and fiscal future are tied to building on what works in our health care system and fixing what’s broken.
Here are 12 ways health care reform will help you and your family.
• No more co-pays or deductibles for preventive care
• An annual cap on your out-of-pocket expenses-- no longer driving Americans to financial ruin
• An end to rate increases based on pre-existing conditions, gender, or occupation
• Group purchasing power of a national pool if you have to buy your own plan
• Guaranteed, affordable oral health and vision care for kids
• Keep your doctor and your plan if you like them
• More plan choices, including a high-quality public health insurance option that would compete with private companies
STABILITY & PEACE OF MIND
• An end to coverage denials for pre-existing conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, or cancer
• Get the care you need with an end to lifetime limits
• Job and life choices will no longer be based on health care coverage
• Doctors-- not insurance companies-- in charge of health care decisions
Why are those in Congress adamant about thwarting health care reform? Could it be lobbyists? Nah.
And so it goes.