Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ted Kennedy - R.I.P.

I woke up to this today:
“Edward M. Kennedy – the husband, father, grandfather, brother and uncle we loved so deeply – died late Tuesday night at home in Hyannis Port,” the statement said. “We’ve lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism, and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever.”
More than the end of an era. And, who now will take up the cause?

I don't have the stomach to turn on either radio or television to hear or see their long prepared eulogies.

I think it's going to rain today.

And so it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished posting my blog and my last question was "Who will replace him?" I wrote that question before I read your blog posting.

    Earlier today I received an e-mail from a self-professed "Good Christian" friend of mine who is still espousing hatred of Kennedy by sending me a list of all the so called misdeeds of Senator Kennedy. It has always puzzled me how these "Good Christians" are able to hold onto their hate and see no redemptive value in anyone except members of their right wingnut club.

    Senator Kennedy was a fierce and tireless advocate of the poor, weak and powerless. Indeed, who will take his place? It is a sad day and more than an end of an era. It is ironic but for one who has been tarred with lack of character and courage, Senator Kennedy has shown over the last forty years that he conquered his demons and possessed more character and courage than all of the senators and house members put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday morning (the day of the newsbreak) I sat in the waiting room of a medical center while my wife underwent a procedure. I had to endure Faux news on the TV.

    Extending Ron Tipton's comment, how is it that these unabashed hypocrites can recite Ted Kennedy's "misdeeds", yet miss their own and those of their own kind (Vitter, etc.)? Furthermore, despite all their pious words, their actions to deny health care, etc., betray their true character.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...