Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another (R) Anti-Gay Queer Bites the Dust

The video is only available at this LINK,  but this story just keeps on repeating itself over and over...will these guys ever catch on?  Just another self-hating, gay-bashing homo, or is there more to it? And why the passenger in the car is left unidentified is another mystery. Did he know who he was riding with? Did he give a damn? Was he just a dumb gay hooker? Clearly, the senator was trashed and careless beyond words. In any case, your bashing days are over, senator drinky-winky.
Sources tell CBS13 a state senator from Southern California was arrested for allegedly driving drunk after leaving Faces, a gay nightclub in midtown Sacramento, early Wednesday morning.
The California Highway Patrol pulled over Senator Roy Ashburn at 2:00 a.m. Wednesday after an officer noticed a black Chevy Tahoe swerving at 13th and L Streets.

Ashburn, a father of four, is a Republican Senator representing parts of Kern, Tulare and San Bernardino Counties with a history of opposing gay rights

When the officer stopped the state-issued vehicle, the driver identified himself as Senator Ashburn. He was arrested without incident and charged with two misdemeanors: driving under the influence and driving with a blood alcohol level higher than .08% or higher.

A male passenger, who was not identified as a lawmaker, was also in the car but was not detained.

Ashburn was booked into the Sacramento County Jail and released on $1,400 bond.

Ashburn issued a statement on the arrest Wednesday afternoon:

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me – my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."

Ashburn served six years as a state Assemblyman before being elected to the State Senate.  According to Project Vote Smart, Ashburn's voting record shows he has voted against every gay rights measure in the State Senate since taking office including Recognizing Out-Of-State Same-Sex Marriages", Harvey Milk Day and Expanding Anti-Discrimination Laws.
You just know that this story, if it appears on FOX Noise, will contain a picture of Ashburn with a (D) beside his name, 'cause, you know, that's what they do over there.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at this story, for a number of reasons. Aside from the obvious irony and karmic pay-back, I find it very amusing that a blogger from the other side of the country posts a story which took place in my home town 3000 miles away (I now live 80 miles away from Sacramento) and in my younger bar-going days, I visited "Faces" a few times. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only surmise that such people are filled with such guilt and wish desperately to hide their homosexuality that they think by voting against everything decent and right for gays will cover their sorry asses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to hope people of this sort/these dynamics will 'die out' with time/changing of culture.
    Alas, human nature is such people with this sort of internalized issues/acting out will always be with us.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...