Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good News & Not-Good News #100

Not-Good News:
A three-punch Whammy to the heart - and what finally sent me over the edge!
Medical test results show no change or worsening of back and hand pain and a continuation of the neuropathy in the legs and arms. No health insurance means that without surgery, degeneration of the thumb joints and vertebrae will also continue.

Notification of 2 deaths - first was a recent suicide, the second the identified remains of a childhood friend - another Katrina flood victim. At least he can be laid to rest and accounted for which is comforting in a way.

Re-examination of tax returns and W2s reveal I owe significantly more to the IRS and state than originally calculated. The previous employer neglected (for their own selfish reasons) to report monies from the commissions I made.

Received notice that the rent for my storage unit will increase again next month.

Good News:
 Had a long talk with my boss who assured me of a few things that put my mind somewhat at rest. He reminded me that everyone in our little work family is suffering in ways we never thought possible - which I already knew.  He will not discuss issues related to my Ex and previous life, nor the consequences I've paid as a result of the break-up. He refuses to do so with either of us and I understand his point.

More on work related news in a more appropriate post.

I have permission to post a list of furniture and other items in that storage unit at both restaurants in an effort to eliminate that extra expense. Look, I don't see myself having my own place anytime in the near future, (if ever) so if someone else can make use of them I would be happy to see them giving comfort and rest to others in a good home.

My work has saved my sanity (such as it is) for a long time, but especially during this mini-crisis and I don't know what I would have been like without its diversions and demands.

No social life to speak of, (which you already know if you visit with any frequency) so work passes for what is otherwise lacking.

Two co-workers and two of their friends are trying to fix me up with one of their mutual friends; I noticed they didn't offer themselves as potential friends or dine-out buddies. Curious.

Many thanks to all who left supportive comments, sent emails, offered to call, and have kept me in prayer. You'll never know how much your generosity of spirit means to me. I have - or will - respond to you here or individually within a day or two.

I haven't had much of an appetite for days; eating to fend off headaches and only when prodded. I ate a small bit of salmon filet (blogger friend Peter's recipe) last evening; a bit of cheese and crackers today and, though I'm not excited about it, I'll be making a turkey burger & small salad tonight.

I believe I can handle a cocktail without negative repercussions. Besides, I need the rest. So, turkey + cocktail = ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!


And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of the death of your friends and of your ongoing health issues.
    I'm not sure if I understood correctly. Do you still work with you Ex? Given other comments in your posts, I would think that it would be quite awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lem,

    I haven't laid eyes on, or heard a word from the Ex since the day the house sold - May 10, 2007 - when he took me to the cleaners taking advantage of the fact that I was heavily medicated at the time. I ought to have seen it coming, but after 30 years together and the nasty medication blurred my vision and common sense. I was taken for a huge additional amount of money, but he has to live with himself, so it's on his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work was a great benefit to me during my low period nine years ago when I lost my job. I think you will find it the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a news package; what a mixture of emotions.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...