Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Finally, More Than a Dream

The spring-like weather tempted me out into the world early this morning to run errands and take a short walk on the beach. I am unable to take long walks at this point because I'm out of practice and the back acts up after about a half mile. I hope that will change as the weather improves. To be honest, I am grateful to be able to walk at all.

Ran into friend Ron, at the supermarket and though we attempted a conversation, today was "seniors day" and they were not amused by our being in their way. We moved three times and finally gave up promising to get together in the near future.

Eventually, the temperature hit 70' as I took this shot of the mounds of black snow still melting in a nearby parking lot. Mind you, the last blizzard event was two weeks ago. Some mounds are even higher in other places. (Click image to embiggen.)

Tomorrow, the car goes in for its 20K mile checkup - oil change, tire rotation, etc - at 8 am, then some folks interested in the furniture and other items in the storage unit will meet me there to take a look and decide if they're interested in anything.  After that, the rest of the day is free and if the weather cooperates, I'll probably hit the beach again.

Supper tonight is pork ribs in a hoisin/barbecue sauce and a sesame noodle salad with mandarin orange segments. No, I did not make the salad - not enough room here in this tiny space, but the ribs, they are mine!

The windows are open and the fresh air is delicious and a bit salty. I am about to have a festive martini sitting on the deck stairs watching the sunset in nothing more than jeans and shirt.  No jacket required.  I am loving it.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Doncha just love "seniors"! In stores, banks, and even on the highways they have no problem blocking and/or holding up others, but Lord help you if you are in their way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...