Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Agony

I did something really, profoundly stupid last weekend. My back was already tender and sensitive from lugging heavy bags of groceries up to the apartment and, brilliant as I am, decided  to flip and turn the mattress and change the sheets.

The mattress is flipped and turned every 3 months; the sheets are changed every 4 or 5 days, and the grocery shopping is done weekly. I've never before done all 3 in 2 consecutive days off.  I will never do it again, either. I've learned a terrible lesson and paying dearly for it.

I've been suffering for 5 days and sleepless nights and nothing offers much relief. So, today I am sticking close to, or in bed, the rest of the chores and errands be damned.

The neighborhood is quiet.  The neighbors are, as well.  Resting and reading are the order of the day. Originally, I had planned to check out a new local po-boy & creole restaurant not far from here to celebrate Mardi Gras, but that's out of the question. The place is usually closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays, but they are going to open just for this event. Sorry I can't make it, I'd be too miserable to enjoy the company or food.  Especially if both were good.

That said, the Kindle is fully charged (currently reading Drew Brees' book); there's plenty of green tea and honey, and milk to make hot chocolate.  Not hungry. The thought of food makes me go whoopsy in the belly.  Pain will do that to me.  Don't know why, just does.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. Rest and give your back time to heal. I have the same problem with my right leg. If I push myself too hard, I end up with tendinitis and a cane. Did that a few months ago and was in agony. Sleepless nights. Almost did it again last week. At our age we do have to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully you have some painkillers.

    rest and get well soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...