Thursday, August 29, 2013

Something is Wrong Here.


Splitting headache, chills, nausea, fever, weakness in every limb.  No appetite since Monday. 

Had to have someone drive me home from work yesterday morning - didn't even last to get the restaurant open. Knew I'd not make it on my own if I tried to walk the 3 blocks back to the apartment; it was a tough go trying to make it to work, but hoping I'd shake off whatever was ailing me, I made it.  Arrived out of breath, exhausted.  It was all down hill from there.  What little energy I had was sapped by doing even the simplest chores.  I knew I was not going to "snap out of it" by 11 am, and called the boss.  

One of the servers was kind enough to drive me home. I made it up the stairs sweating and trembling all the way.  Got out of the work drag, knocked back 2 aspirin, and collapsed onto the bed. 

Awakened by a text from the concerned boss, looked a the clock and shocked to see it was 1:30 pm. Didn't know I'd slept for 2 hours. Never felt like I dozed off.  Knew I had to attempt some kind of food, even if it came back up. Soup and a few crackers went down OK, so back to bed. Woke to another headache and nausea. Lost the soup.  It went on like this the rest of the day and night. 

About 3 am I tried just a little vegetable soup - no crackers - and it stayed down. Awoke at 6 am, very weak and with back pain (lying in bed for 20 hours will do that to you) took another aspirin, a little tea, brushed my teeth, and went back to bed. Wanted to take a hot shower, but too weak to stand that long. I'll know when I can handle it; hopefully later today.

Sent a text update to the boss - there's no way I can work today - and am heading back to bed. Just wanted to check email, and post this. 

I thought I might be in the beginning throes of yet another kidney stone, but so far no blood and no pain in either kidney.  Just the usual back pain from the fractured spine being forced to lie in one position way too long. I pray that I'm right.  I don't need another kidney stone now, or ever for that matter.  

I hope I can snap out of this soon. There is just no energy and any physical exertion leaves me winded.

More later, if I wake up again this afternoon.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. Please call one of your co-workers to take you to the emergency room if your condition becomes worse. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :(

    one of my co-workers is down there this week; I told him to stop in to see you at the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself, and don't wait too long before you [need to] go to ER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer !
    I hope by now you have mended some !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...