Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Day Off, or Tuesday Slugfest

Allowing for the fact that I had 2 lists compiled, errands to run, places to go and people to see;  feeling like a slug I couldn't drag myself out the door.  Lists remain on the sofa and unless I get a spark of energy from some unknown source, that's where they will stay until next week.

Sleeping was difficult last night, though a light rain pattering on the skylights helped a bit. I woke up, brushed my teeth with the intention of preparing a nice breakfast.  Instead, I crawled back into bed and drifted in and out of sleep for a few hours.

Hunger pangs finally motivated me to get up and eat something. After a coffee (hoping that would jumpstart my old body - it didn't) I had a slice of melon and a nectarine and went back to bed - again.

By the afternoon I was tired of being tired in bed, so I got up and made an attempt to shake myself out of this funk.  Took a hot shower, had some cheese and crackers, but nothing has helped.

Not eating much lately and that may be one of the culprits. I'm not hungry, is all.  I am always so tired after my long shift that I don't stay for a AS cocktail, only walk those 3 long blocks home and arriving winded and ready for bed.

An Ensure is in my evening plans, but not much else.  Just back to bed to prepare for another long day tomorrow.  If the weather continues to be gray and gloomy (non-beach-day) we can look forward to serving another 250+ diners at lunch alone.

Sorry this is such a downer post, but that's where I am right now and I can't seem to find my "Mary Janes" today.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. appropriate that you should put lucy on your blog today; it's her 102nd birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anne marie: Whenever I am in a blue funk like this one, I always think of some crazy skit by Lucy and it brings a smile to my tired lips.

    @Soul Yaoi: I know it does. I've been around for quite a while, but thanks for stopping by and for the kind words of support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have "Mary Janes?" OMG! Those little patten leather beauties. Did you wear your white ankle socks with them? And your crinolines? And remember those puff sleeve dresses. Okay, okay. I admit I was envious of my female classmates attire during grade school. All I had was those damn bib trousers and stripped pullover. I looked like a juvenile prisoner.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...