Monday, December 21, 2009

Dream or Hallucination?

Smacked down with a miserable cold I was awakened during the night by a cough attack. I sat groggy with head spinning and throat sore as the dream returned to memory.

I am alone
The land is tree-less and rocky
I am walking toward a hillside with boulders jutting out at strange angles
I am quite high up and wisps of cloud pass around me
I reach for the end of a cloud and it takes hold of me
I am no longer on the hill but floating along with the cloud
I feel no wind but am moving nonetheless.
Suddenly, there are many colourful birds of all sizes all around me
They seem happy to see me but are also concerned
I don't know why
The cloud decides to release my hand and I begin to fall
Slowly, at first
The birds are frantic and chatter something at me getting right in my face at times
Immediately they are gone and I begin to fall a little faster
I am not afraid
I look up rather than down, nothing but high white clouds receding as I fall
I feel something cool and damp on my wrists and ankles
The birds are back with long strips of cloud and attaching them to my limbs
Clasping the strips with their feet they fly and slow my descent
It's not enough
More birds help out - still no good
I am more concerned for the birds than myself
My midsection is enveloped in a wide swath of the same thin wispy cloud matter
Held firmly by many larger birds
All is quiet except for the flapping of many wings
I glide slowly to the ground and try to stand upright on the jagged rocks
I am alone
Suddenly it's very painful to walk
*Cough*

Somehow I think I was awakened too soon, that there was more. Maybe not. And that's all I remember, but it was beautiful.

People say I analyze things too much. I wonder what they mean by that?

If the cough persists today I may stop by the emergency care clinic nearby to get checked out.

More later, maybe.
*

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cajun,

    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I'm just getting over the same virus. If you want to stop your cough take a tsp. of honey before going to bed & you will not cough all night. I don't know what I would have done if someone had not told me about this home remedy. No perscription cough medication stopped it like the honey. I hope you have good results!

    Take care of yourself and hopefully you will feel better before Christmas.

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever the dream means, let's hope that cough is over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran,
    Thanks for the tip. Nothing to lose trying the honey.

    Peter, from your keyboard to G*d's ear.

    Thanks to you both, Blessings for Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can find relief soon! and feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...