Saturday, December 12, 2009

We Have a Choice - Every Day

Twice today, not once but twice, I was asked if I ever have an "off" or "grumpy" day and the answer is, YES! And NO!

When I wake up in the morning and see this strange image in the mirror I have 2 choices - to project a negative or positive attitude to the universe. I always choose the latter. I may not always be 100% successful, but it gets my best shot. That decision has been both a life-saver and a problem depending on the circumstances. (When I was young living in NYC there were roommates who almost went mad because of my cheeriness and silliness. But that's a whole 'nother story for another time.)

The need to share these feelings is almost uncontainable. Although it would be nice to have someone close by to talk with and confide in, that's not the way things have turned out so far. Making do with long distance phone calls and the ocassional weekend vist isn't the best, but it's better than nothing.

I find that the more I give out the more I get back thanks to the people being cheered up by my personal behavior and thereby affecting others with whom they interact throughout their day. I love that.

If one wants to be pissy, throw hissy fits and carry on, please, just stay home and do not interact with others. We don't need hissy fits, thanks very much. Positive energy tends to lift spirits of those in need of such and that's the best reward. Those who choose - for whatever reason - to remain on the dark side only want to suck energy out of you; make you miserable, too. Once they realize you're not going to join the pity party, it is my experience that they give up eventually and slink away. Let them. You can't reach them if they don't want to be reached, anyway.

As the Divine One sang, "You're Beautiful, Dammit!"

The image above is the ring I had made last summer upon learning that the store might close. I figured it was now or never to get the beautiful amethyt put into a setting. Although the stone looks more like a tanzanite in the photo, I assure you it's a AAA 12 ct. dark purple cut oval stone in a simple yellow gold setting. It was on hold with monthly payments for 6 months so now that it's paid off I wear it almost every day. Some of the properties and characteristics of amethyst are:

"Purification and regeneration on all levels. Calming, strong protective properties. The stone is of the heart."

Works for me since purple is my fave colour. (Click the image above to embiggen.)

(OK Dr. Spo, what say you?)

And so it goes.

5 comments:

  1. As a sales person, waiters are sales persons too, you put on your smiley face because that's what will bring in the needed $$$.

    It's just like theater... pretend.

    BTW Cajun, that is a nice ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times when people are down and I think it is okay for them to be honest about it. It is probably best for their psyche to be honest and to to deal with the issues. I am not brought down by such honest people.
    But I detest those who are pissy for pissy's sake, who use it for attention. I've know quite a few in my time. In fact I just had another (pissy) email from one this morning. I have no time for them anymore. I will share my energy with those who are up and with those whose needs are real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I find that the more I give out the more I get back thanks to the people being cheered up by my personal behavior and thereby affecting others with whom they interact throughout their day. I love that."

    I love this quote! I'm using it for my "Quote of the Day." Through many years of bumbling along through good days and bad days, I have indeed found that the more good karma that I project I get that much more in return.

    Project bad karma and you'll usually get it in return....in spades. A smile usually gets a smile in return I have found.

    Even though it is raining again.....AGAIN!.....have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choice is the greatest gift of mankind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to have clicked back to this entry. It made my day! Thanks Cajun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...