Thursday, October 20, 2011

Top 10 Silliest Questions Asked on Cruise Ships

As regular readers of this space probably already  know, I've been wanting to take a cruise to Alaska for as long as I can remember.  I have never been on a cruise, not even a gay one, and have taken a bit of ribbing over it.  Now a friend recently sent this very funny (and I am afraid it may be absolutely true) list, whether in an effort to dissuade me from ever going on one, (any one!) or as a warning to me as to what awaits me when I do.

And may G*d help us all:
10. Do these steps go up or down?
9. What do you do with the beautiful ice carvings after they melt?
8. Which elevator do I take to get to the front of the ship?
7. Does the crew sleep on the ship?
6. Is this island completely surrounded by water?
5. Does the ship make its own electricity?
4. Is it salt water in the toilets?
3. What elevation are we at?
2. There's a photographer on board who takes photos and displays them
the next day... the question asked...If the pictures aren't marked,
how will I know which ones are mine?
1. What time is the Midnight Buffet being served?
 
That's enough to make one request more olives.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. :-) I felt the way you did about a cruise but after going on one other then non stop food food food it kind of is a let down after its over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should you know, go on this Alaskan cruise
    I think it marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the questions and have actually heard more than a few of them on cruises I've been on...

    I too have always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise... Maybe one day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ur-spo: Yes, I know. There is, however, the tiny problem of $$$, since I would be traveling alone and the cruise lines don't make arrangements for a single person occupying a cabin. I'd have to pay for two - full cabin rate.

    @Tom: at least I know they're not totally bogus...say, wanna companion for your Alaska cruise? I know a guy...;-).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...