Wednesday, November 2, 2011

At Gordon's Pond

Expected to do another hour or so shooting with the D70, but the weather was a bit more nippy than yesterday. More winds and lower temperatures made it inconvenient and uncomfortable.  I did manage to get these shots of a Blue Heron in the water and the gray/white dead tree trunk between live pines before turning back and heading for the car and home.

Big Blue Heron at Gordon's Pond.
Devoid of bark. Bleached clean by sun & wind, yet in company of live trees.
(Click to embiggen the images above.) All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Still going through the images shot yesterday and trying to recall from my notes what I did to get a specific shot.  I am not fond of digital camera buttons.  I'm just a simple kinda guy.

It's chilly and windy and I am in the mood for comfort food.  I believe I have hit on just the right recipe for the evening's dinner.  A spicy baked beefy Mac & Cheese dish with Andouille sausage and tomatoes.  It sounds delicious and easy to prepare and baking takes even less time. I'll let you know how it turns out - if I survive - it's also known as the 'heavenly heart attack casserole' in some comments. Stay tuned. 

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Had to 'embiggen' the heron picture to get a good look. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...