Wednesday, November 9, 2011

No New Stove? Never Mind...

...it's not an altogether wasted day.

Stayed close to home all day awaiting delivery and installation of the new stove. Removed everything from the stove area and prepped the best I could without knowing how the stove would arrive.  Boxed, un-boxed; on a hand-truck, or carried up the stairs.  I didn't want any damage to the living room rug that I love so much.  The preparation and waiting were all for nothing.

Sun is down, it's after 5 o'clock, and it is what it is.

Still, it was a productive day here at la petite maison. The Gen. Mgr. at the restaurant came back from Ireland bearing gifts called, "Hardwall Picture Hangers" specifically designed for hanging objects from walls of brick, concrete, and plaster. Since all my efforts to solve that problem met with disaster in the past, it was a joy to find that these actually work.  You see, practically all walls in homes in Ireland are a mix of these products and she was convinced they would be the answer.  They are.  I've already hung a few pieces and re-hung a couple that were hanging on those reusable stick-on things from 3-M Company.  I was never quite sure of those in the first place; the textured plaster walls only increased my anxiety about their holding power.

While here, she helped assemble the second IKEA "EXPEDIT" bookcase she picked up for me last  April. Yes, I know, but we worked 6 or 7 days weekly since and this was the first opportunity she had to help get it done. (Actually, she did most of the work - my thumbs make my hands useless.) So the living room is coming together nicely with more storage space thanks to those IKEA units.

It's about time for a few olives and supper prep, and while I am disappointed that the new stove didn't arrive, I get one more opportunity to use this one tonight for a pork roast smeared with garlic and fresh rosemary. 

Gotta go.  Olive and Rosemary are ladies not to be kept waiting.

And so it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Love this line: Olive and Rosemary are ladies not to be kept waiting
    Hope you splashed them with a good martini or two! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...