Saturday, November 5, 2011

Five on the Fifth: Movement

Stephen Chapman over at “The State Of The Nation UK”, has a monthly feature called “Five on the Fifth” in which bloggers may participate by posting five photos on their blog and exchanging links with his. The five pictures, taken in the days leading up to the fifth of the month, may be random or may follow his suggested theme, which this month happened to be Movement.  Having dusted off the D70 this past week, and spending a few hours getting used to it again, I decided to shoot what I saw as movement, especially at, or near the ocean.

I shot in 2 modes - shutter or aperture priority only - and it will be interesting to see if anyone can tell the difference.  So, here goes.

 


These were shot not over a five day period, but only my 2 days off this week.  That's what I've got for the cause. You can click on any image to embiggen. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.  Thanks for visiting and viewing.

More later.
*

9 comments:

  1. Great pics. I especially like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really nice. I can almost imagine being on the shore now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been a windy day indeed. Great shots, thanks for sharing!

    Can't spot any obvious difference in your pics. So, which one(s) were shot in shutter-mode?

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! You really captured the feeling of the wind blowing. I like the pic of the grasses the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, that shot of the bent-over sea grass is a powerful reminder of how strong that stuff has to be to keep the dunes intact. A great shot.
    thank you very much.

    CS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is a beach picture without any human in it, always seems to be sad? I have no idea effect aperture would have, as I'm not the best with an actual camera, but I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures, I love the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
    @Daniel: Shots 3 & 4 are the aperture pics. I wanted to allow for the feel of movement, 1,2, & 5 are shutter priority. Wanted to stop motion so those a faster shutter speed. Hope that makes sense.

    @BuddyBear: I love the seagrass shot too. The sounds made by the whipping grasses as the sands blasts them is very engaging.

    @Biki: The ocean never makes me feel sad, especially when there are no humans around and I get to enjoy the sounds and smells, letting whatever cares I carried with me, wash away.

    I appreciate this encouragement and will continue to play with and learn more about digital photography.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...