Sunday, September 16, 2012

No Doubt Whether Weather Is Responsible...

As I wrote earlier in the week, the weather has been absolutely magnificent, making up for July that pounded us with temps over 105'F for 10+ days. A joyful way to catch our collective breath, to say the least. However...

Long weekend hours persist, and if I was questioning the decision to continue opening early on Saturdays & Sundays, I do no longer.  The town was jumping all weekend with the weather bringing folks to the shore and a chance to have one more fling at the beach.

Served 300 diners at lunch yesterday and more than 200 today.  Everyone continues to be in a jolly mood, enjoying the sun and sand without the summer crowds.

Hruumph!  And I thought this was going to be a quiet, easy weekend.  For reasons I won't go into, I was pressed to remain at my post for an additional 1.5 hours.  This meant 10.5 hours on my tired, old feet and so I literally waddled home. 

While typing this I am enjoying a few olives as supper is being cooked.  Tonight is Thai Lamb Curry Sausage (from guy at the Farmers Market) with roasted fingerling potatoes and a cucumber/tomato salad.  Simple, refreshing and about all I have the energy to cook tonight.

Oh, and I just noticed (looking down at my bare feet) that my ankles are swollen to twice normal size.  No wonder they hurt.  This hasn't happened in a very long time.

After supper and a shower, I will slide under the bed covers with ice compresses on the feet and the Kindle at hand for a little reading before sleep. Tomorrow is my Friday - my weekend is Tuesday & Wednesday - and I am looking forward to resting up on one of the two.

The aromas from the kitchen are distracting and I still have to prep the salad. I'll finish the martini and likely enjoy a glass of wine with the meal. I'll report on the lamb sausage in the near future...or not.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. in my current 'whisky' education phase, I can not remember when I last had a martini. I need to have one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do, and when that happens, raise your glass and think of me. I will do the same.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself! I know a customer comes first, but you've only one life to live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear, you have to stop wearing your heels at work. Flats, I say flats!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...