Sunday, September 9, 2012

September, Slowing-Down & Surgery

My world is slowing down a little now - though not for long - I will have 2 days off weekly starting on Tuesday.  Haven't enjoyed that luxury since last spring and while I will miss the extra cash, the down-time is a welcome break.

The GM left for her holiday in Ireland on Wednesday and will be gone for 2 weeks.  Good for her.  She needed a rest more than anyone after the summer season we've had.

The locosguys take theirs upon the GM's return - they spend 10 days in Mexico in October. 

Somewhere in there I will take time off to have the surgery and get that out of the way. I'm just waiting for the surgeon to let me know when he can fit me in and I am so there!

The surgeon is not sure if Medicare will approve (thereby pay their share) of the surgery, but if they do I may be able to take a short holiday myself.  Or not. Either way, the surgery is a must, though I dread being out of  circulation for a few days. It is what it is.

The weather this week is supposed to be sunny and seasonal - meaning low 60's at night and low 80's, with low humidity during the day.  I hope to spend one day off doing everything that I usually do on my single day off, then spend the second day doing whatever I feel like doing.  Of course, things seldom work out as planned, but I am open to anything.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Just have a glass with marinating olives near when you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wasn't this sunday gorgeous? and did I miss something re: surgery? outpatient? serious? damn, you are the second of my boyfriends to have surgery this month.

    getting old ain't for sissies!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...