Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I'm Missing a Monday

Woke up Monday morning at 2 am, shivering, teeth chattering, in a cold sweat.  Within minutes I had the most violent heave-hos in memory.  Every time I tried to lie down again, it would start all over.  At times it was so violent that blood eventually came to the surface around my eyes and chin.

With nothing left inside I finally got back to bed around 5 am, only to toss and turn and continue to feel wretched and totally beaten up. Relentless thunderstorms continued and I finally got up, took a shower, and got ready for work. Weak and dizzy, shaky and numb; I waited for a break in the storms before bolting for the restaurant. The day is a blur. So disoriented that it took three attempts to get the safe open. Then, realized all the systems were down, probably due to the storms, so I got them up and online. Exhausting.

Don't know how I got through, but did. Didn't eat anything all day fearing it would make an encore appearance later. Had an Ensure and lots of water.  Dehydration was pretty bad,  a headache and itchy, watery eyes soon took everything to another level of crazy. Must be some kind of bug.  Hate it!

Headed for home during another break in the storms and almost made it home...another storm hit as I walked the last block and a drowned rat entered the apartment, dropped everything on the floor, shed all garments in the bathroom, took a hot shower and threw this tired ol' body into bed. Unable to fall asleep, got up and made soup that felt so good going down and (thankfully) it stayed down.

Went to bed with the body still out of whack - shaking and shivering - but sleep wouldn't come. I tossed and turned for hours. Don't know when I dropped off, but I awoke at 6 am, afraid to move. Stayed perfectly still until an inventory could be taken and an assessment made of my situation. When I tried to move muscles in legs and torso cramped up.  I have no explanation for that one. Painful, but I walked out the cramps and discomfort by going about the usual morning preparations.  Took about a half-hour, but it worked.

With no appetite to speak of, I decided to run a few errands and circle back to the apartment. I was hopeful I'd be somewhat hungry by then. Didn't happen. Stopped for a few groceries and picked up a long extension cord. I also needed a long telephone cord to run from the outlet to the router. Got what I needed in 2 stops, came home and felt a twinge of hunger. Just finished a scrambled egg with toasted French bread. Seems to be sitting well, so far.

Going for a walk to the Farmers Market to see what fresh stuff is available and maybe pick up a sourdough boule for the coming week. Not feeling 100% yet, but the weather is clear and the temps are in the low 70s. That should do me good.

More later.

*

3 comments:

  1. This thing came out of nowhere. It was like being hit by an 18 wheeler. Thanks for the wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...