Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"Oh, When The Saints" Are Waiting...

...not for Godot, smarties.

I am awaiting acceptance and confirmation of  Air & Hotel Package to New Orleans. Having tried to tie down the dates I wanted proved more difficult than expected. Three of the chosen hotels were booked during my allotted time frame, and the 4th one had only 3 rooms left for my special rate/date  package. In order to get that rate I have to stay 7 nights.  Oh Darn!

So I figured I had to move fast and book today. These images are the hotel I chose.  The Inn on St. Peter Street.


The only airline offering non-stop flights is  USAir - out of Philadelphia. All choices out of BWI (Baltimore) were connecting flights through Chicago, Atlanta, or other out-of-the-way cities.  What are the airlines thinking with this bizarre routing system?  Dunno.  I chose the "city of brotherly love" (gag) and the non-stop option. From my research I doubt getting a seat on the flights will be a problem. Only apprehensive about the hotel at this point.

I hunted all the usual travel sites and most all had the same price deals.  American Express didn't offer the last hotel I chose, so I checked out Orbitz, Travelocity, etc., finally settling on Hotels.com as they offered hotels with the best options. Including free WiFi and breakfast.  The others, though slightly less costly, charged $10. per day for WiFi. A waste of money if I am only online once or twice daily. Other than sleeping, I don't expect to spend lots of time in the room

Decided against the rental car for the week, opting instead for the shuttle bus from airport to hotel and  back.  I may rent a car for a day or two, but staying in the Quarter everything I need is within walking distance. Hope to see some old friends, as well as the sister at least once or twice.  I know a few of us will partake of a Sazerac Cocktail at the Sazerac Bar in the recently renovated Roosevelt Hotel.

Now I wait.  I hate this part.  I hope I don't have to run another search after all this.

And so it goes.

3 comments:

  1. This is exciting! Can't wait until you actually make the trip and share your experiences with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sazerac cocktail alone is worth the travel.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...