Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Homanah, Homanah, Homanah...

Sound of lip-diddling - oh yes, big time.

I know I have been MIA since the weekend, but it's summer at the beach and our lives are offered up to the Gods of sun, sand, and margaritas until Labor Day. The weather in the mid-Atlantic states has been anything but welcoming, or even "summer-like" for most of June. Drastic temperature changes, at least one rain storm or thunderstorm daily and no pattern change in sight.

We've served at least 200 diners at lunch and over 500 at dinner, every day.  I spent my precious day off yesterday enjoying the quiet and reading in bed most of the day.  As it poured rain all day, I didn't feel the least bit guilty.

The restaurant is booked solid through Saturday and I had to hang up on a woman who started screeching at me because she wanted a reservation for 20  at 7 pm tonight. When the harpy called back I asked that she  be courteous, so we could have a conversation, if not I would hang up on her again.  She chose to screech and curse. I hung up. She didn't call again.

All is in place for the fireworks display tomorrow evening; the restaurant closes early (there is no business after the fireworks, anyway) and my plan is to be home and cool for the evening, as Friday will be an incredibly busy day for lunch and dinner. Oh, and evenings are totally booked as well.  Nice.

Pressed into service beyond my scheduled time, I have not stayed around for my after shift drink, choosing instead to race for the quiet and solitude of home. That's OK, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the cocktail with all the racket and joyous celebrating, anyway.

Olives are waiting for me and I hate being late so, Cheers to all.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. Well, you can't say you're lonely. I don't know how you maintain your calm and professional demeanor. Two days of this summer craziness (where I am right now) is more than enough for me. I admire your stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you, hanging up on that entitled cow! she should have made reservations months ago! stupid bitch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...