Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Magical Walk in the Marshes

The walk this morning was like something out of a dream. This is what greeted me from the living room window as I left the apartment. The water is in the center of the photo, but can't be seen. The fog and mist only added ambiance to what I would encounter. Click the photo to see a larger image.

There was a snowy egret wading in the water with a small fish in its beak. A family of ducks; mother with five tiny ones in tow. Then I almost stepped on a turtle - in the mist I thought it was a fat log - but she/he hissed at me just in time. He/she slowly made its way back into the water, not giving me a second thought. I loved it. No pictures of these encounters, it was misting too much and I didn't want to risk damaging the little camera.

When I got back to the apartment I was soaked and sweaty, so I took a shower, shaved and made a cup of coffee. The sun finally burned through the fog and the sky cleared, so I headed out to take care of a few errands. I got back just in time; the heavens opened delivering a wild, loud thunderstorm. I am one happy man this afternoon.

It's time to settle in, prepare some supper and get ready for Torchwood tonight. First, it's 5 o'clock somewhere and time for a martini. Cheers!

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...