Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sea Witch, Work, and Albert Finney

Had a grand day at job #2 yesterday; the fair weather made everyone cheeful and we were very busy - always a good thing. The interaction of two diners reminded me of a fave movie, "Two for the Road" with the gorgeous Audrey Hepburn and a beautiful Albert Finney, which I know I had on VHS, somewhere. (Click the image to embiggen.) I searched every nook and cranny of this tiny place and cannot find it. Perhaps it was lost in the settlement of my previous life. If so, it's heartbreaking because the Ex didn't get the storyline at all.

When I have the extra $$$ to spare I will find out if there is a DVD and purchase it once again. Probably for the better, anyway.

Again, this is my working Saturday, usually my one day off, and while I wanted to get to the beach to take part in the Sea Witch Halloween Festival today, it really was out of the question.

If the weather had turned out as predicted I wouldn't feel so bad, (suppose to wake up to rain and high winds) instead I awoke to a dark but clear sky; twinkling stars that dissolved into the rising sun, a few clouds and a pleasant breeze. It's been agony working indoors on another beautiful Fall day, but the work has to get done.

I took a break to make a turkey burger for lunch and am enjoying an iced green tea as I write. I needed to come up for air and my growling stomach just wouldn't be silenced.

Anyway, it is comforting to know that I will treat myself to a Sazerac when I finish this job. Supper will be chicken smothered in garlic, onions, and new potatoes. I have earned and deserve these treats. So there!

More later.

*

1 comment:

  1. Another warm and fuzzy slice of life posting. See there, you don't miss the old days at all.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...