Monday, March 28, 2011

Wintry-Mix? Not so Much

The weather this weekend was absolutely beautiful, if a bit colder than one would have liked.  Still, the sun was bright and strong, the sky deep blue, and the Weather Channel got it all wrong - again. I am not complaining, I love when their forecasts misfire in our favor, but thanks to their gloomy predictions on Thursday, of a snow and 'wintry-mix' up to 5 inches on Friday and Saturday, many would-be visitors stayed away from the beach, missing out on quite a few exciting events.

Both days were exact opposites of the predicted mess.  I greeted a few people I know on my morning walk on the Boardwalk as they rode bikes or walked their dogs, or just sipped a coffee while enjoying the ocean. 

All three days were busy at the restaurant, and though it was too cold to open the front doors, many enjoyed sitting near them "people-watching" as they sipped margaritas and dined. As usual, I enjoyed seeing regulars and meeting new folks whose friends or family suggested they would enjoy our food and atmosphere.  And they did.

As I walked home last evening, a neighbor mentioned the non-snow event, telling me that some friends south of us in Maryland woke to a dusting on their cars which melted rapidly in the bright sun and warming temperatures.

I smiled at her and chuckled to myself all the way home ready to enjoy a "festive" with olives.  My bad!


I am ready for my two days off, Mr. DeMille.

More later.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...