Friday, April 8, 2011

IKEA Finale & Women's Fest Weekend

The wee Irish lass general manager informed me last week that she would be making one last trip to IKEA to finish up her kitchen renovations, and if I wanted anything else for the apartment she would be happy to pick it up, deliver and assemble for me. I knew what she was getting at - another bookcase to balance the room with the other purchased last year. In a small apartment one needs all the storage options available.

She knew I needed one (not 2 - the room is too small) more EXPEDIT bookcase and a few more storage cubes to put inside it.  I used the money set aside for a friend's Birthday dinner, which I am sure can be made up as my work schedule increases to 6 days weekly until Labor Day.

Got a call from the GM as I walked home telling me that her trip was successful and a date and time will be set up for delivery and assembly of the bookcase, which she has down to a science and can get done in about 10 minutes.  I envy people with working thumbs. Sigh!

Of course, there will be wine (there must be wine!) just as in October following my trip with her to IKEA. Though this time will not be as stressful for either of us. Details of that trip are HERE, and followed up in part 2 HERE.

Moving on, this is "Women's Fest Weekend" and the town was filling rapidly with women from all over the mid-Atlantic states ready to enjoy workshops, entertainment, and good food at our best restaurants, including Dos Locos.  From this afternoon's Happy Hour I know it's going to be a busy and exciting time here in town.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend! And just enjoy the work she'll do. Maybe you have something else she can fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that woven cube. Didn't know Ikea had things like that. Nice. I will take in the website and find out more. Thanks.

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Peter: There is nothing else to 'fix' but I am searching for something I can do for her in return.

    @PJ: Just a warning here. Those smaller items are no available on the website. They can only be purchased at the stores.

    Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...