Tuesday, May 17, 2011

And the Rains Came!

As a result, no magic will be performed this day.  Bother!

Oh well, it's still a day off and I am getting other things done.  Laundry, a bit of ironing, and downloading the most recent shots from the little Canon that I take with me daily. (Blog buddy Ron got me into the habit.) I thought I'd share some of these with you all. (click any image to embiggen.)

DL Dining Rom decorated for Cinco de Mayo.
This tiny bungalow has 1 BR, 1 Bath, 2 window AC units & no heat. - price = $400,000!
Stove, very old stove. 
Those are not stains on the burners, just wear from usage.  The markings, barely visible, read "Frigidaire - Product of General Motors U.S.A." The left front burner is acting up again.
A single Iris in a bed of other lilies that will bloom later.
Kentucky Derby Day at DL. That's Eddie's lovely picture hat festooned with Birds of Paradise.

Jealous, aren't ya?  As you can see the race is just about to get started.  Doesn't he look excited?

Derby Day with Sasha and the Dos Locos guys greeting customers.
Words cannot do justice to the craziness you are seeing here. I posted a pic of a larger group HERE earlier and forgot I had taken these.

Bumper sticker on car on my street a few days ago.  Love it.


 
HRC Flag over the patio of a neighbor's house.
Sun setting behind hotel and water tower as I head home from work last evening.

The Pollen this year is said to be the worst in 2 decades, and I believe it.  I've been wrestling with allergies a lot lately and not getting enough rest, so I'm happy to be at home rather than out running errands in the rain.

More later.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...