Sunday, March 24, 2013

Oh, What a Day!!!

Shamelessly stolen from Retired in Delaware.
I've tried to sleep after taking the evening meds, but I've tossed and turned and sleep is elusive.  I guess I am too excited, even the drug won't knock me out.

The bloggerpalooza was a smashing success. Many of the folks I've read for years came together for a real old fashioned "Happening" - that's the only old fashioned way to describe it.

I was anxious to meet everyone at the dinner, but got a sweet surprise when 13 of them arrived at the restaurant for lunch.  (They arrived after posing for the picture above.) I was floored, couldn't believe it was happening and they were honoring me by dining where I work.  I got hugs from bloggers and their spouses.  The house was pretty busy and a big party like that could have caused problems, but the servers did a bang-up job and everyone enjoyed themselves.

I kept walking around just watching them, seeing them in person for the first time was so surreal. It was as if I had known them for a very long time. They were having such a grand time enjoying the company and the food and drink. To me, this was far more exciting than spotting some celebrity out and about.  I mean, I KNOW these people, though we had never met.  Sound strange?

After work, I raced home, donned my Spo Butterfly shirt, and hightailed it to the Inn at Canal Square in Lewes, where the evening event was to happen. I was eager to chat one-on-one with all the folks attending and get couples straight (so to say) in my head.  (Spouses of bloggers don't usually have blogs themselves.)

Following dinner, Dr. Spo was gracious as he received many small, and not so small gifts and took a good ribbing from everyone in the room. As he would say, "it was jolly good fun." And it was.

Cubby reserved a suite and hosted an open house to all who dropped in. (It is rumored that the Cosmo's were Ab Fab.  I did not partake, having to drive back to Rehoboth passing the cops "check points" - being a weekend, and all.) He also made dates wrapped in bacon as an extra appetizer.  And, you know what?  Everything IS better with bacon.

That suite is where my evening began and ended.

I want to get to know all of these wonderful folks better. They honestly represent themselves in their blog posts - no phonies here.  And, they are even wittier (is that a word?) in person, which always makes my day. The one-liners had all of us in stitches - and could come from the most unlikely places.

To be honest, I fell in love with at least 20 people between 4:30 and 9:15 PM when I finally had to take my leave. They were still partying when I left.  And that's as it should be.

Today was a gift for which I am truly grateful. I cannot believe I am still awake at this hour. 

And so it goes.
*

8 comments:

  1. Hey there I just read this, although I would not have been able to attend, what a great time you all must have had... I tend to hang out more on Facebook these days but now with my new schedule starting (5p to 2a) I am going to try to get everyone caught up on the blog...

    Over and "Out" from Portsmouth VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. it is an honor to know each and every one of my boyfriends. MWAH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me smile. I had a blog for a time, and have gotten to know many of these folks.

    Sean R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great !!!! Nothing More to Add forsure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO GLAD you made it to the evenings festivities and the gathering in Cubby's suite after the event. Of course you know you are indirectly responsible for all these good people to get together, because without reading your blog I would never have discovered Dr. Spo's blog and the other bloggers. Thank you sir!

    And a big thank you for so graciously managing our without prior warning drop in at your restaurant after our photo session. Many mentioned how much they enjoyed eating at Dos Locos. The only thing missing was your absence in our Old Time photo picture. I am glad you had a good time.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your time and company and for helping to make this an extra special weekend for us. We look forward to coming back to visit you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so thrilled to meet you! I feel a better bond than ever.
    Thank you so much for being part of it
    And don't forget, when the staff changes their outfits - I want a shirt ! hohohoho

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going along with the flow and didn't even realize until we got there that our chosen lunch venue was where YOU work!! Superman and I were both very impressed with the food and the service our party received. We were a large and unexpected group who showed up in the heart of the lunch hour, yet your staff did an excellent job keeping all our orders accurate and the food delicious.

    I loved the look on your face when the crowd flowed in! Priceless!

    I had so much fun getting to know you better on Saturday evening.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...