Monday, August 13, 2007

Accountability and Exploding Heads

I've been given the royal finger. Oh, but not from someone on high, but someone really low. Small, in fact, very small. Let me explain...

On Saturday, June 23rd at 5:30 a.m. I left my rented room to help my (then) landlord set up for a community yard sale. Something he had been looking forward to for months.

When I reached the garage and asked what I could do to help set up he began hyperventilating and said, “I don’t know how to put this, but…” and then proceeded to rip me a new one saying that I had betrayed some confidentiality and ordered me to vacate the premises as soon as possible. So much for integrity and the gentlemen’s agreement to allow 30 days if things didn’t work out.

First thing that bothered me was that “one of his friends” read something on this blog, and while too rattled to process that info at the time, later I asked myself if I knew any of his friends, if any of them knew about this blog, and why they would be so inclined. NO, was the answer. Why would any of his friends read an anonymous blog about a subject in which they had no vested interest?

And then, at least for me, it all fell into place. I won’t dignify the troll with an identity, but this one lurks everywhere, and I know, still on this blog. Whatever the reason, it is an unhealthy one. But, that’s what this troll is all about.

Anyway.

On July 2 this note was taped to my monitor:

W,
please be all moved out by July 15th and I will leave a check for the remainder of the month’s rent.

I wish you well.

Take care, Thank you,”

“I wish you well”??? – “Take Care”???

You decipher that part. I haven’t the energy nor will to do so. My first impression was – you wish no such thing. You can’t make this up and I still have the original paper note, so don’t call me on this, or I will scan it and send it to you.

You know, I actually believed him. In fact, my things were out by July 12th and, while he was at the house when I left the key and a forwarding address, he cowered behind his closed bedroom door and didn’t want to face me or produce a check; and as of this date I haven’t received one by mail, nor an explanation as to why it has not been forthcoming.

Is he acting (reacting?) like a spiteful 16 year-old girl? I think that’s part of it. He did remain true to his promise, when during the head-exploding incident he said he would never speak to me or look at me again. Not. One. Word. And that was quite bizarre to live through. Creepy, even. There is a pattern of behavior, and I’m just sayin’.

I won’t dignify his pettiness with a phone call, since he doesn’t answer his phone and never responded to, nor answered voicemail questions regarding any issue I addressed. I felt bad for him and sorry that he got into such a difficult and precarious situation, but you see, that’s just it…and it took me a while to admit this to myself…HE got HIMSELF into his current situation, through poor choices, or bad planning and there is no one else to blame.

Whether I see the money again or not, as a friend’s grandmother used to say; “it’s on his soul.”

More Later.

*

1 comment:

  1. You must have done something very, very bad to be treated thusly. You are a bad, bad boy! Even though you had to leave your former rented space gabbing your ankles while doing the Duck Waddle, thank your lucky stars that a deep cavity search wasn't performed.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...