Friday, August 24, 2007

Plan Foiled!

An attempt to leave work early and stop off for a few necessities was thwarted when my relief arrived later than scheduled.

The plan was to pick up the items, summer comfort foods, then race home and watch the extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring, which I have not seen in a very long time. OK, I am suffering from LOTR withdrawal.

I've read the books many times for 37 years and am a huge fan of the films, especially the extended versions and, of course, all the extras and behind the scenes material. But, since I have to be at work tomorrow at 7 am, there is no way that a viewing will happen tonight.

Sadly, this obsession must be put off until tomorrow when I can leave work earlier, do the shopping and hightail it back and settle in.

There is no big screen TeeVee, no surround sound, but I can, and will, enjoy myself all the same.

To relax and indulge…sounds good to me.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...