Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Collectors: Another “AHA!” Moment.


Walking back to the car the other evening I felt the warmth of the huge orange sun on my neck as it was setting slowly in the western sky. Although it is a warm night the heat of the sun felt strangely welcome and I felt alive as I have not in a long time.

I played volunteer bartender for a preview evening of the upcoming Antiques Show and Sale and it was quite a party. The huge crowd consumed catered foods from various restaurants in town and top-shelf booze in copious amounts. They sure kept us bar folks hopping. Antiques lovers can really knock back the gin, vodka, and scotch, not to mention white wine.

There were more gay folks there than you could count and yes, even quite a few lesbians. Collectors all.

It was interesting – as I am in the process of pondering the future my “collection of things” - to observe the items on display and how they were coveted and drooled over by collectors. A few years ago, I would have been one of them. Not anymore. While beautiful, curious, and interesting, I prefer to enjoy them in someone else’s home. The evening proved to be another one of the many “aha!” moments I’ve experienced in the past few weeks.

A very good feeling.

It is rumored that I will have phone service this weekend. We’ll see. I’ll believe it when I hear a dial tone.

More later.

*

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers, beautiful life. You are finding your place. Peace and serenity.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...