Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Full Moon & Empty Heads

I am well aware that the “experts” pooh-pooh the idea that the full moon has any effect on human behavior, but that doesn’t mean they’re right. As anyone who has worked in any service industry (especially restaurants/bars) will tell you – there is a definite change in people during a full moon. I would even venture to add that these changes occur leading up to and immediately following the event. A waxing and waning, of emotions, if you will.

Monday was a strange day to interact with people here – mostly tourists – as they seemed to be at times incomprehensible and way too giddy. Drivers were more distracted than usual, and the idle chatter was at an all time high. When I finally left work I was completely worn out and drove home dodging a crazy bunch of impulse drivers who couldn’t maintain the speed limit (cell phones?) and who kept weaving from one lane to another, and usually cutting off the driver behind them…sometimes that driver was me.

Safely in the apartment and changed out of the drag of the day, I enjoyed cooking a light dinner as I sipped on a Martini and listened to a bit of music.

By the time I finished dinner and cleaned up the kitchen night had fallen and I decided to watch a video on the teevee. That’s when I first saw the enormous and beautiful full moon rising just outside my window. That’s when it hit me. It all fell into place. Thankfully I didn’t have to work yesterday, so I was home all day and spared any possible negative interaction, or accident.

Well, it’s just about over now. I shot the picture above this morning in town as the sun was rising and the moon as setting and wanted to post it as a reminder that the crazies had ample reason to rave.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...