Sunday, August 26, 2007

Challenges to Mind and Body

While the spirit is doing well in the healing department, the old Mind and Body aren't holding up so well lately. In an effort to bring home more money, oh say for things like rent, food, doctor bills, and the like, it's taking a toll on my arthritic hands and my worrying mind. I missed church last Sunday because I had to work. I know there's nothing I can do about the current situation and worrying isn't going to make anything better. I know that very well.

And now I'm dealing with a Summer cold and sore throat on top of the rest. I missed church again today because I didn't want to chance infecting anyone else with the cold. I know life is getting a little better every day, but it's hard to focus on that when faced with the reality of what needs to be done and how it is going to get done.

Still I am much better off than I was this time last year and I've begun to count my blessings on a daily basis. I do it once in the morning after morning prayer and once again before bed after evening prayer. It's interesting how even small things are cropping up and get included in the mix. I am blessed.

More later.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...