Saturday, August 11, 2007

Two Years, and Counting...


Our National Shame Continues. This from BagNewsNotes:

I'm all alone -- down here in this depression. I can only imagine (and now, can't stop obsessing about) what's coming from the other side. It's blue, but maybe it's starting to cloud over. Is it? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

And while I'm waiting, waiting for the catastrophe, I'm thinking just how pathetic this is. Pathetic. Pathetic. How often do you see that on a news cover?

They ransacked the landscape and killed the coast. And now we are going to pay -- again. Interesting, there is not a New Orleanian in sight, but put this picture in front of me, stick me way down here, and suddenly I'm feeling like one. I've got to get up. I've got to get over that wall and get some handle on the issue.

(image: Kadir Van Lohuizen. TIME. August 13, 2007)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...