Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Few Seasonal Blessings

Today was an eventful and surprisingly happy one. Every errand went smoothly without hitches. With only this one day to myself, I especially appreciate when that happens.

Even an appointment with the Dentist went well. No problems so I am apparently doing most everything I’ve been told. That’s quite an accomplishment.

Then, this afternoon and evening I enjoyed the company of a friend who invited me over to use her oven to bake my grandmother’s holiday pumpkin bread. You see it’s like this, my apartment doesn’t include an oven. It’s a long story. So, when my friends and co-workers realized this I was quickly asked to come over and bake to my heart’s content. So I did.

After a hunting expedition through the storage unit to find the box containing the recipes, I went shopping and brought all the ingredients. She provided the Kitchen Aid, the oven, good conversation and assistance. It was wonderful to bake again for the holidays. Only two batches this year because there are fewer friends to receive them.

While the breads baked we wrapped a few gifts destined for her family and friends. As the loaves cooled we enjoyed cups of steaming cider with cinnamon sticks and at the same time playing with her two beautiful kitties.

By the time I left for home, to our delight her home smelled like my grandmother’s did when I was a kid. Nice memories there.

Now home for the duration I am feeling very much at peace with the season and myself. A blessing, indeed.

More later.

*

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having some holiday fun after all. And Pumpkin Bread? MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2008.

    By the way, I LOVE your countdown on the end of the Bush regime.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...