Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Month Five - Still No Check

I received an email from someone who found the anonymous site last year and passed the info along to a male friend who was, unfortunately, going through a similar life upheaval and was in an emotional meltdown. I know the feeling. He’s doing better now. We stay in touch.

Anyway, she’s been following the story of my phantom rent refund and asked if I had received it yet.

The answer, again unfortunately, is NO. But I still have hope. I know that he’s still in his house because he refused mail sent to me at his address, which was forwarded to my new address. The handwriting matches that of the original note promising the refund. Remember the note?

The email friend was not pleased as she replied, “it’s not the amount of money at stake that pisses me off, it’s that he would promise anything to get you out knowing what you were dealing with emotionally and financially and didn't really intend to follow through. What a dick! You know, there is always Small Claims court.”

That is a possibility in the back of my mind, but I will wait this out for a while longer because frankly, right now I have enough on my plate and the holidays to get through. Somehow I still hope that he will make good on his promise. After all, he considers himself a Christian.

Yes, I know, I know.

That said, in spite of everything I am pleased that he has his house.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...