Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Truly Merry Christmas. What a Surprise.

Christmas has come and gone and I have to say, mine was much better than expected. Received two phone calls from friends far away in the morning, had dinner at a friend's home in the afternoon that included the usual suspects I dined with last Sunday evening, plus 5 others. It was a four hour feast and laugh fest.

It's always a luxury for me when 11 gay guys can get together to discuss diverse topics and actually add to the narrative, rather than watch the conversation spiral downward into a bitch-fest.

Everyone was mellow and relaxed. Including myself. There was a yule log video playing on the HDTV and while we enjoyed various appetizers and conversations, the host focused on the timing of various dishes and refused many offers of kitchen help. That was probably for the best. The meal was the best I've had in long time while the company was just as grand.

As I unlocked the apartment door the phone was ringing. It was delightful to hear the voice of an old friend who had lost track of me. More laughter and joy. That call was an unexpected gift on Christmas evening. We reconnected and I slept well that night.

Only one more holiday to get through - New Year's Eve - then I am finally finished with my previous life.

Together we all say, Amen.

More later.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...